Pages

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Be careful with Bliss~

Bliss Yoga Class #3:

Our third and final introduction of class was by far the most beneficial and powerful. You know how sometimes you are “on” and sometimes you are “off”…well I was “on” this past Sunday and ready to dive into the delicious practice of Svaroopa yoga! We did a series of poses throughout the 90 minutes, but the one that stuck out at me was Half Frog. This pose opened me up so graciously and had me even feeling lightheaded afterwards due to the energy being released in my spine. After Half Frog, we did a lunge that must have put me over the edge, because there was a “zing” feeling going through my body and I had to sit down and take a drink of water. Awesome stuff!!!

The class ended with by far the most UNIQUE shavasana experience I have ever had….. As I lay there, letting my body unfold and melting to the earth… waves of energy flowed through my body so fierce that it felt like my mat was on a bed of jell-o. Finally, it became so intense I had to open my eyes for the duration of the resting pose….and let me tell you – I NEVER open my eyes in beautiful shavasana! I felt a sincere sense of well-being when we left and Bill looked at me and said, “you are glowing today.”

With that being said, let me just say there is a twist in the story. After class, we were in such a cloud that we thought it would be fun to check out the Historical District of Roswell. We went in a couple shops and then saw this cute little patio overlooking the street…so of course we had to discover this little hidden gem! We went up into this quaint overlook and ordered a glass of wine. For those of you who know me, you know that I enjoy wine and have a pretty high tolerance for it….not on SUNDAY!!! After opening up my spine and sending energetic fluid up into my body, then rinsing it with a glass of Chardonnay is not something I would recommend. It threw me for a loop and the next day I felt completely exhausted and wiped out.

Moral of the story: Yoga is a powerful energy balancing practice that you should have fun with and explore, but remain very respectful of what is happening to your body during this process and make sure to take care of your soul’s casingJ

Next time, I will cleanse myself with a glass of water or some herbal teaJ

The sneaky Chardonnay:)

No comments:

Post a Comment